Summer is finally here and we’ve found the perfect recipe for you. This antioxidant infused drink has the essentials to keep you healthy and happy for the summer and beyond.
- 6 kiwis, peeled and cut in half or quartered
- 4 kiwis, peeled and sliced - to be used as garnishes
- 6 ounces of blueberries, to be crushed
- 6 ounce of blueberries, to be kept whole as garnishes
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- ~ ½ cup sugar, adjust to taste
- 4 ounce pack of mint, leaves only
- 1 ½ - 2 cups of sparkling water
- 1 to 1 ½ cups of rum, adjust based on your preference
- Ice as needed
- Blue and/or green sugar to decorate glass rims
- Place the cut kiwis in a small food processor with the sugar and lime juice, pulse until you have coarse puree. Mix the kiwi puree with the rum, you can start by adding the lower amount and then adjust as you prepare the drink.
- Gently crush the first 6 ounces of blueberries using a muddler.
- You can make the mojitos in pitcher or in individual glasses.
- Moisten the rims of the glasses with a slice of lime and garnish the rims with the sugar. If you can’t find blue and/or green sugar, you can use blue/green sugar sprinkles.
- To make it in a pitcher, pour the kiwi puree into the pitcher, add a layer of ice, add a good amount of mint leaves and kiwi slices. Next add a few more ice cubes, and then add the crushed blueberries, some more mint leaves and whole blueberries. Top off with the sparkling water and mix gently. Taste and add more rum, sparkling water, or sugar if needed.
- To make the drink in individual glasses, follow a similar process as for the pitcher, but add a few whole blueberries at the beginning. You can also add a slice of kiwi with the blueberries at the end.
To make this as a mocktail variation, just leave out the rum and replace it with additional sparkling water or sparkling lemonade.
Compliments of Laylita’s Recipes
What’s your favorite refreshing summer drink? Let us know below!